Thursday, January 27, 2011

The First Step is Always the Hardest

It's been a long time since I tried to seriously blog. I suppose I either felt like my life was either too lame to write about and didn't want to bore anyone, or there was so much going on that I couldn't fit it all into mere blog posts.

It had absolutely nothing to do with me being lazy. Nope. Not at all.

So instead of just having random thoughts whenever I feel the urge to share my mind with the rest of the world, this blog is completely dedicated to one of my first and most consistantly present loves: Books!

I'm the type of person that will go out and buy 11 more books that sound interesting, even though I already own 20 that I have yet to read.

My dear friend Jenny (check out her blog here) also introduced me to the joys of ebooks. While they certainly don't feel as awesome as the texture of pages under your fingers and phone screens don't smell quite as wonderful as either the fresh scent of a new book or the dusty musk of an old one, they are still books. Kind of. Ebooks make up for the lack of tangibility with the characteristic of extremely reduced prices and convinence. I simply use my Nook [shameless plug] application on my phone during lunch break to get in some extra reading. Instead of worrying about spilling food on the pages or struggling to hold the book open while eating a sandwich, I just tap my screen to turn the page. However, food spillage is still something to be careful of, regardless of reading means.

One of the major reasons I'm starting this blog is because there are some book challenges that I'm interested in trying out. Ideally I will also be reviewing the books I read, but I make no promises.

Now then, let the festivities commence!

No comments:

Post a Comment